Precision Tune Auto Care has an extensive history with 40 years in the automotive service industry. Here are the important historical milestones for the brand. . .
- Founder Bill Childs acts on his idea of a convenient “tune-up”.
- Bill Childs names this idea “Precision Tune” with the first center located in Beaumont, Texas.
- Bill Childs begins franchising Precision Tune tune-up centers.
- First Area Developer: Don and Janie Scott in Orlando, Florida.
- First Franchisee: Wally and Dolly Metrejean in Alexandria, Louisiana
- 100th center opens in Oakridge, Tennessee by franchisee Al Williams, under the Area Developer Carleton McMullin.
- Innovative “We Care” Card Program introduced as a customer service measurement tool, still being used today…and now available online!
- Precision Tune introduces a precedent-setting 12 month/12,000 mile nationwide warranty.
- Corporate office relocates from Texas to Sterling, VA with the announcement of Don Ervin, one of the new company investors, as President and CEO.
- Company acquires National 60-Minute Tune, representing 60 franchisees in Washington, Oregon, Florida and Southern California.
- Precision Tune begins franchising internationally in Taiwan.
- President and CEO, Joseph Grimaud relocates offices to Leesburg, VA for a better location to accommodate an on-site, fully-equipped training center, convenient to Washington Dulles International Airport.
- The first international center opens in Taipei, Taiwan.
- Company begins doing brake work in North Carolina.
- “Precision Tune” becomes “Precision Tune Auto Care” to address the industry shift from specialization to complete car care.
- 20th center opens in Taiwan.
- 20 centers added with the Acc-U-Tune & Brake acquisition in the San Francisco Bay area.
- Lifetime Brake Warranty introduced.
- Precision Auto Care, Inc. (PACI) is born as a result of the initial public offering instituted by President and CEO Jay Ripley, and the company begins franchising Precision Lube Express and Precision Auto Wash, in addition to Precision Tune Auto Care.
- Lou Brown named President and CEO and Robert Falconi is named CFO as part of a corporate recapitalization plan; Company returns to its core business, Precision Tune Auto Care.
- Precision Tune Auto Care enters Portugal.
- PACI sells its manufacturing and distribution center, Precision Automotive Components
- First Getty/Precision Tune Auto Care center opens in Clinton, MA.
- First center opens in Lisbon-Alameda, Portugal.
- Company begins selling tires and doing alignment work.
- PACI inks trial deal with Shell Arabia Car Care to create two Precision Tune Auto Care hub sites in Riyadh and Jeddah.
- PACI announces the sale of HydroSpray, its car wash manufacturing subsidiary; Company returning to solid financial footing; reinstitutes Bi-Annual Franchise Convention with kick-off in Las Vegas; re-focused on growth.
- Robert Falconi is named President/COO
- 5th Portugal center opens in Massama, Portugal; Master Licensee announces expansion plans for 26 centers in Portugal and future expansion in Spain.
- Lobby Renewal Program executed in stores nationally, to maximize the customer experience.
- International growth: 2 stores now operating in Canada; 16 stores now operating in Portugal; 2 stores now operating in Spain.
- Robert Falconi becomes President and CEO; Lou Brown assumes the role of Chairman of the Board.
- Precision Tune Auto Care forms partnership with NASCAR Nextel Cup Driver & Precision Tune Auto Care customer, Bill Lester, for a summer Fuel Saver promotion.
- Precision Tune Auto Care opens 2 company stores and purchases property for two more.
- PTAC creates partnership with CARFAX
- Precision Tune Auto Care opens 4 more company stores this year.
- PTAC creates partnership with TireRack
- Precision Tune Auto Care joins forces with Vehicles for Change.
- Precision Tune Auto Care establishes relationship with Guardian Interlock Systems
- Precision Tune Auto Care ranks in the Top 50 Oil Change-Plus category
- Precision Tune Auto Care is a 2009 Top 200 Franchise System (Franchise Times)
- Precision Tune Auto Care is ranks in the 2009 Franchise 500 (Entrepreneur Magazine)
- Precision Tune Auto Care opens 4 more company stores this year.
- PACI hosts Town Hall Meeting for the U.S. Department of Commerce at the Corporate office in Leesburg, VA.
- PACI receives the Export Achievement Award from the U.S. Department of Commerce
- Master Franchise agreements in Nigeria and the Republic of Georgia announced. Expansion plans made for the Precision Tune Auto Care brand in these countries.
- Precision Tune Auto Care named both a Top 50 Franchise for Veterans and a Top 50 Franchise for Minorities by USA Today.
- Precision Tune Auto Care named a Military Friendly Franchise by GI Jobs.
- Precision Tune Auto Care begins upgrading the customer waiting areas of the centers throughout the U.S. to improve the customer experience.
- Precision Tune Auto Care opens 8 more company stores this year.
- PTAC centers begin doing headlight restoration services for customers.
- Precision Tune Auto Care begins upgrading the exterior of the centers throughout the U.S.
- Precision Tune Auto Care becomes a proud sponsor of Rolling Thunder Charities, a charitable organization that supports American Veterans, Active Military and their families.
- Precision Tune Auto Care opens 9 more company stores.
- Precision Tune Auto Care & Vehicles for Change win the Washington Business Journal’s MassMutual Citizenship Award at the 2011 Philanthropy Awards.
- Precision Tune Auto Care launches the new www.PrecisionTune.com website.
- PTAC is first service provider in the automotive aftermarket to offer 24/24 warranty.
- PTAC develops glass model for PTAC centers in MD and VA.
- Precision Tune Auto Care “re-enters” Mexico
- May grand opening of first Nigeria PTAC
- PTAC opens the 18th center in Oman
- 4th center is opened in Republic of Georgia
- 5th center is opened in Mexico
- PTAC opens the 1st contract on a military base at Joint Base Myer–Henderson Hall.
- PTAC opens its 2nd and 3rd centers on military bases at Fort Lee, Virginia, and Langley Air Force Base in Hampton, Virginia.
- Icahn Automotive buys PTAC, but PTAC continues to operate as a standalone entity focused on providing customers total car care.
- PTAC opens its 4th and 5th centers on military bases at Little Rock Air Force Base at Little Rock, Arkansas and Davis Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson, Arizona.
- PTAC opens its 6th center on a military base at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio.