The automotive aftermarket service and repair industry is a growing business with enormous potential.
Automotive Industry Facts:
- The “specialty” automotive aftermarket is the fastest growing franchise category, with a 2-5% growth per year.1
- In 2010, the US motor vehicle aftermarket expanded 4.2% to $285.7 billion.1
- There are 248.6 million serviceable vehicles on the U.S. roadways today.5
- Every year, $60+ billion in vehicle maintenance goes unperformed.5
- The average consumer spends $400 per year on automotive diagnostics, scheduled maintenance and repair.2
- The average age of vehicles continues to increase, with passenger cars increasing from 8.9 years (1998) to 11 years (2010). Light Trucks increased from 7.4 years to 10.1 years in the same time period.1
- The DIFM (Do It For Me) market continues to grow; automotive service facilities are capturing $8 out of every $10 being spent on auto care.3
- 89% of female motorists are involved in the decision to purchase maintenance and repairs; more than 2/3 take the vehicle in for service themselves.4
Want to learn more? Contact us!
Sources: 1AAIA Aftermarket Fact Book 2012; 2Packaged Facts (1999), a publication of Kalorama Information, LLC; 3AAA Analysis Report (2004); 4AAIA Female Motorist Study (2004); 5AAIA Aftermarket Fact Book 2010
Page 2 - Next